The Advantages of Implementing a VoIP Phone System
In our previous blog post, “Can VoIP Help Your Business,” we explored the feasibility and simplicity of adopting VoIP technology, ultimately concluding that it is indeed a beneficial solution for most businesses. Today, we will delve deeper into the specific benefits you can expect when transitioning to a VoIP Phone System.
Before we discuss the advantages, it is essential to acknowledge the influence of the COVID-19 pandemic on the rising popularity of VoIP. With quarantine measures in place, many employees across various industries were required to work remotely, assuming they were fortunate enough to retain their jobs. This unprecedented crisis prompted businesses to swiftly establish communication channels for employees to connect with their managers and clients. Initially, business owners expressed skepticism regarding remote work arrangements, as monitoring employee productivity became a concern.
Consequently, webcams and laptops flew off the shelves, while new cellular contracts were signed to ensure continuous connectivity. However, the cost of cellular contracts, typically ranging from $40 to $80 per month with hidden fees and data overage penalties, posed an additional financial burden.
Moreover, the expense of purchasing smartphones, especially those suitable for professional use, further strained businesses’ budgets. Many businesses experienced significant financial strain due to these unnecessary expenses. Fortunately, a better solution exists.
Now, let’s examine the key reasons why VoIP is currently a highly sought-after technology:
- Easy Installation: IP phones are virtually plug-and-play, eliminating the need for separate phone lines. Your VoIP phone connects to the same network cable as your PC, or in some cases, can even function via Wi-Fi. These phones are easy to maintain and have a long lifespan with regular usage.
- Telecommuting: VoIP technology offers exceptional portability, enabling users to connect to your system from their office or home. It is also effortless to establish connections for employees working abroad. Your employees’ dedicated phone numbers remain linked to them regardless of their chosen work location.
- Conferencing: With VoIP systems, there are no additional service fees for hosting conference calls with multiple participants, eliminating the expenses associated with traditional phone systems.
- Scalability: VoIP systems allow flexible additions or removal of lines as your workforce grows or shrinks. You only pay for the lines you use, and phones can be easily added, deleted, or relocated. Additionally, you can utilize your desktop computer, smartphone, or laptop to make and receive calls through your browser or dedicated applications.
- Additional Features: VoIP offers numerous features beneficial to small businesses, including customizable call forwarding options, personalized greetings, automatic call transfer, voicemail transcription to email, detailed usage reports for cost control, an updatable customer contact book, instant messaging, video chat functions, and automated call recording to assist with future customer issues. Advanced call center functions and state-of-the-art analytics allow you to monitor staff usage and calculate customer contact times. Cloud-based phone systems are proven to be reliable and secure.
- Cost Efficiency: Monthly and annual expenses for VoIP systems are significantly lower compared to conventional phone providers. In addition to reducing daily usage costs, VoIP enables cheaper long-distance calls. Typical savings over traditional phone systems can reach 40% or more. Traditional systems rely on switching paths through physical exchanges, incurring costs based on the number of exchanges required for a call. VoIP converts voice into data packets with identifiers, transmitted through your existing network, the cloud, and into the recipient’s network.
To establish your VoIP system, you need to assess your network, purchase phones, and find a suitable monthly contract tailored to your needs. The good news is that we are here to assist you every step of the way.
A recent study reported that 15.2% of small businesses that closed during the COVID-19 quarantine will not reopen due to financial constraints. As a business owner, it is crucial to constantly seek cost-cutting measures. Implementing a VoIP phone system presents a viable solution. Protect your budget and avoid becoming a statistic.
Contact us today to explore how a VoIP phone system can revolutionize your business technology.